Click ‘Book’ to view our available arrival and departure dates for this tour
Australia’s “Great Barrier Reef SNORKELERS DEAL”
Join Cairns’ premier liveaboard with our fabulous one night discount special Great Barrier Reef Deal for SNORKELERS!
This discount deal is for a 2 day / 1 night stay in superbly appointed stateroom accommodation and is only available for SNORKELERS or BEGINNER ‘INTRODUCTORY’ DIVERS. (Please note, this deal is not available for qualified scuba divers. Click here for liveaboard tours for qualified divers)
Begin your adventure by spending day one of your ‘Great Barrier Reef snorkeling deal’ onboard our sister vessel ‘Reef Experience’, until you transfer to the Reef Encounter liveaboard boat at approximately 3 pm.
During your day on ‘Reef Experience’ you will have access to all the ‘Reef Experience’ day tour facilities and may go snorkeling on the beautiful Great Barrier Reef and enjoy a sumptuous buffet lunch.
Your adventure continues when you transfer to the Great Barrier Reef floating hotel, Reef Encounter at 3 pm.
Once onboard the liveaboard hotel, you will be given a vessel welcome and safety talk before being shown to your cabin at approximately 4 pm.
Please see the itinerary below for more information about our Great Barrier Reef Deal*
Itinerary: Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Deal
Please note itinerary times are approximate and may vary
7.30 am Board the boat ‘Reef Experience’ at Cairns Marlin Marina for check-in, breakfast and your journey to the Great Barrier Reef
8.00 am Welcome, safety talk and snorkel briefing. A Marine Biology Presentation will also be given during your journey
9.30 am Water Session: Arrive at our first spectacular reef site and go snorkeling with vivid tropical fish amongst beautiful coral gardens. (If you have booked a beginner ‘introductory’ dive package, you will also do your first scuba dive during this water session).
10.30 am Glass bottom boat tour (weather permitting)
12.00 Buffet hot and cold lunch is served
13.00 Water Session: Cruise to a second reef location to explore and snorkel
15.00 Transfer to Reef Encounter for your ‘welcome & safety talk’ before being shown to your cabin at approximately 3.30 – 4 pm
15:30 Water Session: Scuba dive or snorkel time. Glass bottom boat tour available upon request
18:00 Dinner is served in the dining saloon
19:15 Dinner is served in the dining saloon. (Earlier afternoon snacks are also served during the winter schedule)
20:00 Dessert is served in the dining saloon
6.00 am Wake-up call for the early morning dive and snorkel session
6:30 am Water Session: Sunrise scuba dive or snorkel time. Glass bottom boat tour available upon request
7:30 am Breakfast is served in the dining saloon
8:00 am Check out of stateroom cabin and into a transfer cabin, where you may store your luggage and use the en-suite shower / toilet / towel facilities etc
8:30 am Water Session: Scuba Dive or Snorkel Time
10:30 am Water Session: Scuba Dive or Snorkel Time
12:00 Lunch is served in the dining saloon
13:30 Water Session: Snorkel only session available to passengers before departure
14:45 Departing passengers board the transfer vessel ‘Reef Experience’ for the journey back to Cairns. Complimentary wine, cheese and biscuits served on the return journey
16:30 Approximate arrival time to the Cairns Marlin Marina
Reef Encounter Accommodation
- Spacious, air-conditioned cabins – with ocean views
- All cabins have their own en-suite toilet & shower
- Towels and toiletries provided (soap, shampoo)
- All cabins have Australian power outlets
What’s Included in the Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Deal
A day on Reef Experience
- Sleep on the reef with Reef Encounter’s, Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Deal
- All meals prepared fresh daily, by our onboard Chef. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desert.
- Fruit available throughout the day along with tea & coffee.
- All dietary requirements will be catered for – please advise us of these when booking
- The best crew on the reef! Reef Encounter’s team is the best in the business, winning personal and professional awards for outstanding customer service in the tourism industry year after year
- The latest snorkeling (wetsuits are a small additional charge)
Glass bottom boat tour upon request
- On the voyage to Reef Encounter, you will have the option to listen to an informative Marine Biology presentation about the coral reef and marine animals
- Free luggage storage facility available at our offices in the Cairns City
Reef Encounter Facilities
- A fully air conditioned 35 metre catamaran hotel, designed for the utmost stability and comfort at sea
- Large dining saloon
- TV and lounge area
- Outdoor, fresh water hot-tub
- Spacious sundeck with sun loungers
- Fully licenced bar
- Large, easy access dive and snorkel platforms
- Helicopter pad on the roof for low-flying scenic helicopter tours over the coral reef as your transfer to/from Reef Encounter (optional extra – please contact our friendly reservations team to see if helicopter transfers are currently available with your Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Deal)
How to Get There
Your transfer vessel, Reef Experience, departs from Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in, directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience’
Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30pm
Where Can I Park?
There are a number of parking stations throughout Cairns that are in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where.
*The Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Deal is based on the first part of your tour being spent onboard our sister day vessel ‘Reef Experience’, with check-in time into your accommodation cabin being at approximately 4pm.
It may be booked either as a snorkeling package or beginner ‘introductory’ dive package.
If you prefer an earlier cabin check-in time of approximately 10.30am – OR if you are a qualified diver – please click here to view alternative liveaboard options